Do you approve of Puppy Mills ?

Monday, April 4, 2011

Excellent Story about Puppy mills

London by Mati Hanish
"I was 12 when I decided I wanted to get a dog. I had my heart set on a Maltese and we found a breeder that had the little girl I wanted. When we got there, it was an older farm house, but I loved the little puppy and I knew I wanted to take her home with me. She was very dirty and very shy. She didn't even want to move, but I just thought that she was scared to meet new people. We asked to see the parents and the breeder was like “NO!” instantly. We also wanted to see their breeding operations, but that also was a no. We should have taken these as signs, but we took the puppy home.
London warmed up to us fairly quickly and I grew a strong bond with her. A few months later, she started getting super sick and we had tons of vet bills. She just kept getting sicker and sicker and nothing would help her. It turns out she had diseases and her lungs didn't develop, so when she got pneumonia she ended up passing away.
I had only had London for about a year, and she was only 1 and a half; when she passed. I believe she was from a puppy mill and I want to raise awareness to everyone buying a puppy."

No comments:

Post a Comment